The airing of the quilts is a traditional rite of spring in the mountains. After a long winter with families snuggled under layers of warm handmade quilts, the warmer weather of springtime gave women a chance to freshen up and air-out these essentials covers. We want to invite you to have a part in this special day! To honor this tradition, the AWM held its first event last April with over 65 quilts hanging on the wraparound porch, from clotheslines in the yard, and on quilt racks and other surfaces throughout the first floor of the museum. Quilts of different eras and types were on display along with demonstrators, children’s activities, a raffle, and a fabric scrap exchange. Music on the porch by local musicians added to the festive spirit of the day.
New this year
We hope you’ll help make this a great day by bringing your family and friends to see the colorful quilt display.
About Registering Your Quilt
If you would like to be an exhibitor:
- Limit of (2) quilts per person
- Registration deadline is APRIL 12, 2019
- Register either with the Online Registration Form below; or through a printed form obtained at the Jackson County Chamber; or the WCU Mountain Heritage Center. You must include a photo of your quilt along with your registration form.
- There is no registration fee.
- No repeats from last year
- Bring quilts to the museum between 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. on May 4th.
- Quilts must be picked up between 5 – 5:45 p.m.
If you have questions, please contact Cheryl Beck at (828) 421-3820 or email@example.com